The community league offers an array of free and sponsored programs throughout the year for all ages, some in cooperation with the City of Edmonton and/or neighbouring community leagues.
Other Activities include:
Riverbend Walking Map — Take a Walk in Your NeighbourhoodWalking
Get Active! There are 1,440 minutes in a day, schedule 30 of them for walking!
Check out Riverbend’s Community Walking Map (Brookside, Brander Gardens, Ramsay Heights, Rhatigan Ridge and Bulyea Heights)
The Communities on Foot series are walking guides created as a joint project of Walkable Edmonton, Active Edmonton and local Community Leagues to promote walkable communities.
Download this PDF Walking Map (PDF:2MB) of the Riverbend area, and discover the various routes you can take for your “neighbourhood walk.“ Printed copies are also available at the Riverbend Community Centre and at Riverbend Community League membership events.
Free Swim for Community League Members
City of Edmonton Indoor Swimming Pools
Show your valid Riverbend Community League membership at the pools listed below for free access during the designated community league swim times. Children eight years of age or under require adult supervision in the water at a ratio not to exceed five children to one adult. Children six years of age and over must change in the change room of their gender. Family change rooms are available at some facilities.
Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre
Sundays — 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
The Community access time includes swimming, fitness centre, running track, gymnasiums, and the indoor children's playground (for those up to 10 years old).
Saturdays — 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.
Riverbend Community League Rinks
For more information, please click on the Facilities tab, then rinks.
Community Membership Required
Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri 4pm - 9pm
Sat Noon - 9pm
Sun Noon - 6pm
Holidays Noon - 9pm
East Rink - No Sticks or Pucks Permitted
West Rink - Sticks and Pucks Permitted
Please note: Children must wear Helmets
Indoor Public Ice Skating
Free public skating times are available at a number of City Arenas, sponsored by The City of Edmonton and The Kinsmen Club of Edmonton. Call 780-496-4999, then press 3 or visit www.edmonton.ca/arenas for times and locations. Shinny hockey times are also available for a reasonable price.
Community League Membership Benefits
You asked… What do I get for my membership?
- A direct voice in community affairs on issues of planning & development, parks, recreation, security and transportation;
- Access to minor sports such as hockey, soccer, basketball, softball, badminton;
- Quality programs for children, teens, adults and seniors;
- Reduced registration fees for programs;
- Free use of all community rinks;
- Free swimming at Confederation Pool & Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre (see swim times). Show your membership card;
- Free summer playground programs.
- Discounts on hall rentals at the Riverbend Community Centre
- Community League Wellness Program. Present your valid community league membership card at any City of Edmonton Leisure, Sports and Fitness Facility and get a discount on a variety of City of Edmonton Community League Wellness passes;
For a copy of program guides for any of the City of Edmonton facilities, visit www.edmonton.ca/attractions